7026CEM Assignment Help
Security of Emerging Connected Systems Assignment help
Task and Mark distribution:
You are given access to an IoT environment named “domus”, representing a home owned by early adopters in the current move to “smart homes”. The devices are all from a single manufacturer and you are required to evaluate the security aspects of the system before marketing and sale of the devices.
You will be given access to a testbed network to perform a practical security audit as well as associated documentation for review.
There are three pieces in CW2, you MUST do all of them, more details will follow later in this document:
1. Writing an instruction document or manual to a junior about the analysis of ALL possible issues or vulnerabilities in the system. (60%).
2. Adding a sensor to the system. (20%).
3. Listing some information related to the system. (10%).
And the report style is (10%). This will be a total of 100%.
Piece 1 – Task Breakdown (60%):
1. Write a report, in a form of tutorial, manual, or instruction book, which shows how to perform security analysis of domus, to a computer science or cyber security junior specialist. The report must have detailed steps of “white-box” analysis.
2. This report should show the junior specialist how to execute the system, perform detailed security review, examining the given files and materials, and proposing the technical solutions.
3. The junior specialist must see a detailed demonstration of a proof-of-concept (PoC) attack. Making sure considering more than just direct attacks on the devices. Also considering what information is exposed about the consumer. As part of your document, you should also explain
This document is for Coventry University students for their own use in completing their
assessed work for this module and should not be passed to third parties or posted on any
website. Any infringements of this rule should be reported to