Subject- Business management assignment help
You have recently completed a Bachelor of Business degree through the College of Business, Law, and Governance at James Cook University (JCU) and have been appointed as a junior member in an asset management firm in Singapore. This is your first full-time position and you are on probation for three months. You feel a little anxious but you are keen to make a good impression in order to secure your position. It is Monday morning of your second week in the position.
On arrival, your boss calls you into her office. Before she hands over some projects to you, your boss wants to understand how familiar you are with statistical knowledge and skills. She gives you a dataset of stocks listed in the U.S. market. The data contain firm information in Dec 2019. You need to utilize your statistical knowledge to describe and summarize the data. More importantly, you need to identify the factors affecting stock returns and give your recommendations for investors in the U.S. stock market. Your boss asks you to complete the report within three days. More specifically, she asks you to.
1. Identify the variables and their types and scales of measurement.
2. Provide a table in which you summarize the complete descriptive statistics on ‘stock return’ and`firm size’ (including but NOT limited to measures of a central location, measures of variability, coefficient of variation (where applicable), etc.).
3. Prepare two bar charts to graphically represent the frequency distribution of stock exchanges and of industries.
4. Develop tables to provide joint information on a. Stock exchanges and average stock return. b. Different industries and average stock returns.
5. Graphically demonstrate the output of Question4.
6. Provide a scatter plot and correlation analysis for a. Stock return and firm size b. Stock return and past return c. Stock return and past trading volume What insights can be gained from these analyses?
7. Are your results consistent with the research findings in the related literature? What are your recommendations to investors in the U.S. stock market?
Leave A Comment