Subject Code: IOT560
Subject Name: IOT560 Internet of Things
Choose one of the topics given below and submit a research project, which should not exceed 4000 words. The ITC560 Assign3 Help File Template.doc is available in the Student Resources Folder on Interact2.
Topics to select from but not limited to are:
- IoT for Sustainability
- IoT Devices and Next Generation Manufacturing
- IoT Revenue Model Challenges
- IoT in the Automotive Industry
- IoT in the Mining Industry
- IoT for Independent Living of the Older Generation
- IoT for Reducing Food Wastage in Australia
- IoT in Finance Industry and Security Challenges
- Machine Learning in IoT
- Future of the Fog Domain
- IoT and Data Analytics
- Big Data Challenges in IoT and Cloud
- M2M Connectivity Architectures for Remote & Rural Areas
- Utilising Block Chain Technology in IoT
- IoT in Healthcare
- Security Challenges of IoT in Healthcare
- IoT for Smart Learning/Education
- Fog Computing in 5G
- Security Challenges of Fog Computing
- IoT Device Security
- Energy Efficient Routing Protocols for IoT
If you think of any other related topics please talk to your lecturer before deciding. The use of a Research Report from this or another subject, even if it is your own, is considered Academic Misconduct. This report must be your own original work for this subject in this session.
For the Topic you select, you are to prepare a research report, outlining your response to the question using the literature to strengthen your case.
In order to complete this task it is recommended that:
1. Analyse the Task
Analyse what is expected of you. This includes careful reading of the assignment task as specified in the Subject Outline. Look at the literature and start collecting at least 10 Journal Articles and/or Conference Papers.
- i) What is the purpose of this report?
- ii) What is your position on the topic?
- iii) What is the expected format of the report? (Refer to the format in Interact2 Student Resources: ITC560 Assign3 Help File Template.doc).
- iv) Come up with a Problem Statement based on your topic, note it down and discuss it with your lecturer.
Do the Research: Literature Review
- This is the main part of the research project and could take more time.
- Review of Literature based on past and current work in your topic (download from conference proceedings, journal articles – use Primo search to access more articles and journals – Minimum of 10 journals or articles)
- Structure in chronological order and start summarising.
- Use the literature to formulate an argument supported by evidence.
NB if you ask for an extension, you will be required to submit the material for the above milestones first.
Start writing your draft, as you do your research project (Put it all together)
- Use the ITC560 Assign3 Help File Template.doc provided in the Student Resources section. Your Report MUST use this format.
- Write the Abstract of the report (Purpose, Scope, Position, Observations, Rationale and Conclusion)
- Modify the Introduction from Milestone 1 if necessary
- Modify the Review of Literature from Milestone 2 if required, based on past and current work in your topic (no more than 3 pages)
- Include tables and graphs to support your justification and argument.
- Discuss your research findings with a conclusion.
- Referencing MUST be in CSU APA7 format (this is the new version), using in-text citations (see https://student.csu.edu.au/library/integrity/referencing-at-csu for guidelines and help).
SUBJECT LEARNING OUTCOMES
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
- be able to explain and demonstrate various components of Internet of Things (IoT).
- be able to analyse the role and importance of IoT in the modern world.
- be able to investigate and propose various requirements of IoT for real world applications.
- be able to evaluate a variety of existing and developing architecture technologies for IoT.
- be able to describe and evaluate different applications of the IoT.
GRADUATE LEARNING OUTCOMES
This task also contributes to the assessment of the following CSU Graduate Learning Outcome/s:
- Academic Literacy and Numeracy (Application) – Charles Sturt Graduates consider the context, purpose, and audience when gathering, interpreting, constructing, and presenting information.
- Information and Research Literacies (Knowledge) – Charles Sturt Graduates demonstrate that disciplinary knowledge is developed through research and evidence.
- Information and Research Literacies (Skill) – Charles Sturt Graduates demonstrate the skills required to locate, access and critically evaluate existing information and data.
- Information and Research Literacies (Application) – Charles Sturt Graduates synthesize and apply information and data to different contexts to facilitate planning, problem solving and decision making.
- Ethics (Application) – Charles Sturt Graduates form judgements and apply ethical decision making and reasoning to identify creative solutions to ethical problems.
Your assessment should be a maximum of 4000 words (±10%) and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format (PDF usually preserves the formatting, MS Word may not – submit ONLY one version). Do not submit your assignment in any other format and also do not submit multiple copies of the assessment. Use A4 page size with Times New Roman/Arial/Calibri font and use font size 11 or 12. Please include a title, your student ID, your name and word count as the first page with your submission. The word count does not include Tables, Figures or reference list. Your name should also be included as a footer, with page numbers in your document.
All textual elements within an assessment must be submitted in a format that is readable by Turnitin. Specific exceptions, where an assessment requires the insertion of image based evidence of workings will be outlined in the context of the assessment. Students that deliberately attempt to insert content of assessments in a format that is not readable by Turnitin may be subject to Academic Misconduct investigations.
References: You MUST use the CSU APA6 referencing style for all cited material you have used in your work (use in-text citations). You must use primary sources (ie Wikipedia is NOT acceptable, something you thought up yourself because you think you know better, is also unacceptable – unless it has been published and peer reviewed, but then it would still need to be cited). Do not use direct quotes from sources, all your work must be written in your own words. Copying sections of text from other sources, even if referenced, is plagiarism and is considered Academic Misconduct.
To complete this assessment item you should have read chapters 1 to 10 of the textbook and examined relevant literature from the Library and Internet.
“You can order IOT560 Internet of Things – Assessment 3 – Research Report Assignment from our service and receive a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the IOT560 Internet of Things – Assessment 3 – Research Report Assignment from scratch, according to all customers’ specifications, expectations and highest standards.”
Leave A Comment