IT8089 Assignment Help
COMPUTER LAW & INVESTIGATION Assignment help
This assignment will give students an experience to better understand the issues taught during lecture. This assignment is to test the student’s ability to research from a host of resources for answers to the questions posed in the assignment, and the ability to break-down and dissect, analyse and understand those materials for application in the local working environment.
This assignment constitutes 30 percent of overall marks for CLI.
- This Assignment is an individual assignment.
- You are required to prepare this assignment individually and may refer to lecture materials, textbooks, newspaper articles or the Internet. You must acknowledge the author/organization in your Final Report by way of developing a reference list. Please confine your answers to Singapore Law only. When in doubt, please approach your instructor/tutor.
- Each written Report should have the following type setting:
- Arial (font size 10) or Times New Roman (font size 12)
- One-half Line Spacing
- The Cover Page in your report should have the following information:
- Your full Name according to your course registration
- Your student ID as assigned to you
- The Class you are in (e.g.: DICS/CLI Class 1 or DICS/CLI Class 2)
- Date of submission
- Submit a hardcopy of the Report to your instructor/tutor during Week 17 (6 Feb to 10 Feb 2023).
- The Report should be submitted in MS Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF format.
Featured article: “How SMS Phishing scams have affected OCBC customers and put text messaging security in focus”, The Straits Times, January 22, 2022.
The accompanying pdf file on this article is attached.
Assignment (30%) – Report
- For this assignment, you are to prepare and submit a minimum 7/8 pages (approximately 2,500 words) Report on the application of the Computer Misuse Act (CMA) and other relevant laws to prevent and prosecute such crimes involving computers and possible breach of privacy.
- The report should contain the following information / discussion:
(a) Introduce computer crime and the various types of computer crime.
(b) Apart from the “wider” issue of money laundering reported in the news lately, you are to take into account the featured article “How SMS Phishing scams have affected OCBC customers and put text messaging security in focus” and with reference to the wrongdoers, discuss, with good details, how the Computer Misuse Act (CMA) can be used to prosecute wrongdoers that commit such computer crimes in Singapore.
(c) With reference to the case of the featured article, you are also required to discuss whether a related issue of the privacy of the individuals concerned may have been compromised. Discuss whether issues of privacy can be resolved under the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) as well as under the common law of confidentiality.
(d) Finally, please discuss various practical measures that can be taken to prevent computer crimes, and misuse of computer data and computer networks.
- Late Submission / Delivery
There is a penalty for late submission of Report. 50% of the marks will be deducted for assignments that are received within ONE (1) calendar day after the submission deadline. No marks will be awarded thereafter.
SCHOLASTIC DISHONESTY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!! Any instance of scholastic dishonesty will be dealt with severely.
Plagiarism Statement: As commonly defined, plagiarism consists of passing off as one’s own the ideas, words, writings, etc., which belong to another. In accordance with this definition, you are committing plagiarism if you copy the work of another person and turn it in as your own, even if you should have the permission of that person. If you have any questions regarding plagiarism, please consult the Module Coordinator.
Leave A Comment