ITC556 Database Systems
- This assignment requires you to use SQLite to complete the tasks listed below.Student can also use SQL Workbench or another software (if they are familiar) to complete the tasks.
- Typing the SQL statements or the results is NOT acceptable.
Instructions for using SQLite:
- From Resources under Main Menu in Interact 2 go to Assignment 5 Folder
- Copy sqlite3.exe and cmd.exe files from the Assignment 5 Folder into a folder in your machine\
- Copy a5.txt from the Assignment 5 Folder into the folder in your machine where your SQLite file is located
- From the SQLite Command Prompt execute the a5.txt script. To do this, at the SQLite Command Line type .read a5.txt [to create the tables you will use to answer this assignment’s questions]
- At the SQLite Command Line type .headers on
- At the SQLite Command Line type .mode column
Assignment 5 tasks: each query is worth 5 marks
Write and run SQL statements to complete the following tasks
Part A – DML
1. Show the details of the products where the product code starts with ’22’.
2. Display the vendor details from areacode 615.
3. Find the balance for customer ‘George Williams’.
4. Show the number of products from each vendor and display the vendor code if there are more than 2 products from the same vendor.
5. Display the vendor code, name, phone number and the number of products from each vendor.
6. Find the customers whose balance is zero.
7. List the name of the customers for whom we have invoices.
8. Show the name and cus_code of the customers for whom we DO NOT have invoices.
9. Find out how many times a customer generated an invoice.
Part B – DDL
1. Add a new attribute email_address varchar(30) to the customer table.
2. Add email_address = ‘[email protected]’ for customer ‘10016’.
3. Delete the record for employee Edward Johnson from EMP table.
You are required to submit:
- The SQL statements for each query, which should be copied from your SQLite3 Command Line and pasted into your submission file. If you type .echo on at the SQLite3 Command Line, SQLite will output your SQL statement with the results of the query making it easy to copy and paste both.
- The screenshots of the results of the SQL statements which are to be copied from your SQLite3 Command Line and pasted into your submission file immediately after you execute the SQL query. If you used an output file please submit only the output file.
This assessment aligns with the following subject outcomes:
- be able to critically analyse and modify an existing database design to meet new business requirements;
The marking criteria for this assignment is:
|Accurate and elegant SQL that answers all parts of the question. SQL code copied from SQLite as well as a screen shot of code and results into the submission file||
Good SQL that answers most parts (75% ~ 85%) of the question. SQL code copied from SQLite as well as a screen shot of code and results into the submission file
Satisfactory SQL that answers some parts (65% ~ 75%) of the question. SQL code copied from SQLite as well as a screen shot of code and results into the submission file
Partial SQL that answers a small part (50% ~ 65%) of the question. SQL code copied from SQLite as well as a screen shot of code and results into the submission file
Incomplete or irrelevant SQL that does not answer the question (< 50%). Some missing parts or non-matching SQL code with the given results.
This assessment item is required to be submitted in Word format (.doc, or .docx).
All SQL statements should be copied from SQLite into the word document. All screenshots that are required should be captured and inserted into the document in the appropriate position to show that you have completed the requirement.
Screenshots that are submitted in addition to the assignment document will not be marked. Databases must not be included as part of a submission.
Either submit your assignment as a Word document.
Don’t use any other file formats.
Please include your student ID, name and subject code in your submission.
Keywords - ITC556 Database Systems assignment help, ITC556 assignment help, Database Systems assignment help