ITC571 Emerging Technologies and Innovation – Assignment 2 – Project Proposal and Plan
You are required to prepare for this Assessment Item by:
- READING the Subject outline,
- COMPLETING Topic 2 Project Planning
- BUILDING your PLAN up from the Project Title and Abstract in Assessment Task 1
WHAT TO DO:
1. Follow the Study Schedule and work with the Topics in Interact as they provide a “scaffold” for your learning in this subject.
2. Develop a detailed Capstone Project Proposal and Plan using project management software (as listed in the Study Schedule) and the skills you have acquired from IT Project Management to develop a project plan with a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), milestones and Gantt chart. These tools may help.
- Microsoft Project Pro
- Open source tools like GanttProject OpenProj
3. Begin using the ‘project blog’ as a tool beyond the weekly progress reports for your chosen emerging technology topic:
- The blog helps you to “think by writing” and also store your notes, project files and links in a cloud-based service.
- Consider sharing the site with your peers as a way to tell a story and harness each other’s knowledge.
4. The blog is ideally updated each week with 3 or 4 entries for documenting your project notes and as the foundation for editing and writing the Capstone Project Report. An ideal blog entry will have around 50-150 words (150-600 words a week).
Leave A Comment