MBA403 Assignment Help
Financial and economic interpretation and communication Assignment help
Students will select an ASX listed company and prepare a 2000-word report regarding its financial and non-financial management.
• Students will write a financial management report on a selected company, based on concepts learned in Workshops 1 to 7.
• Students will provide a clear recommendation to a nominated stakeholder of the selected company.
• Students will interpret financial, non-financial and sustainability metrics and consider ethics issues related to the selected company.
• The assessment addresses Learning Outcomes 1 to 3.
• Students will select an ASX listed company that has currently published financial statements which meet accepted standards of financial reporting.
• The report is limited to 2000 words (+/- 200 words), excluding the title page, bibliography and appendices.
• The report is to be formally written as per the guidelines below.
• The report is to be submitted via Turnitin.
Page 2 Kaplan Business School Assessment Outline
Financial Management Report and Content
• The executive summary provides an outline of: the company background, the stakeholder the report is aimed at and the purpose of the report. It also includes a brief statement of the recommendation(s).
• The executive summary should be approximately 10% of the total word count.
Key Performance Indicators
• Present and concisely discuss key financial results and trends.
• Calculate and present relevant financial ratios.
• Present and concisely discuss non-financial and sustainability indicators.
• Consider using an appendix for extensive data tables or calculations.
Interpretation and Insights
• Explain the causes of the changes in the company’s financial performance.
• Interpret your financial ratios.
• Analyse the non-financial indicators and the company’s sustainability and/or ethical performance.
• Consider the company’s strengths, weaknesses and opportunities. Alternatively, consider the company’s business strategy, competitors and outlook.
• Reach insights on which to base your recommendation(s).
Conclusion and Recommendation
• Present the significant outcomes from your analysis.
• Clearly state an actionable recommendation(s) for your stakeholder. For example, if the report is written for a potential shareholder, recommend a decision to invest or not invest in the company. Alternatively, if the report is written for an internal manager, make a specific recommendation in order to improve the financial performance of the company.
• Justify your recommendation(s).
• The Conclusion and Recommendation should be approximately 20% of total word count.
Bibliography and In-text Citations
• The Academic Integrity and Conduct Policy requires the appropriate use of in-text citations and a bibliography.
• You must correctly cite all references (information sources) and comply with the expectations for academic writing. A Harvard Referencing Guide and video is available via the Academic Success Centre page on MyKBS.
• More information on Academic Integrity and Referencing is available at the Academic Success Centre page on MyKBS.
• The bibliography and citations are excluded from total word count.