MN501 Assignment Help
Network Management in Organisations Assignment help
Smart technologies are on the rise. There is a body of literature discussing the key benefits of Smart Technologies; however smart technologies also introduce many ethical issues.
0) Technologies such as google glass and smart watches are coming into workplace. Given the intrusive natures of these technologies it is easy for employees to take video or photographs of other people at work and share it with others. What ethical issues arise from use of wearable technologies in workplace? Explain.
1) Smart phones are being used by nurses for clinical communications and workflow in hospitals. Using smart phones to record patient data introduces ethical issues involving patient privacy. Identify what privacy risks arise in such a context and explain the risks in detail.
2) Social media is becoming addictive for many people. Some people are constantly haunted by the Fear of Missing out (FoMo)? Explore the extent to which the FoMo syndrome is now prevalent in the society and its ethical impacts.
3) Cyberbullying has been a significant issue globally over the past few years. Cyber-technology has exacerbated this problem due to proliferation of mobile applications in the marketplace. You receive notification from a third party through one of the Apps that you use inviting you to participate in an event. You are not sure how they received your details. Discuss what security issues arise due to sharing of too much personal information on social media Apps.
4) There are many apps available for download for consumers (for example, health monitoring, booking taxi, banking apps). While these Apps are user friendly and improve user experience, there is also a security concern that hackers can use some loopholes in such apps to modify or delete customer information. Discuss an App that you have used recently and if there have been privacy breaches? Is it ethical for companies to introduce Apps with only basic level of security?