Code – BUSN20016
Subject: RESEARCH IN BUSINESS
Please provide an outline of a research project that you intend to use as the basis for your final assessment task 3, full project proposal. You should briefly write:
- Title of the project(up to 25 words)
- A brief statement of the problem that you would like to investigate; and research aim and objectives that can solve the problem you have identified.
- A brief methodology: Provide details about what type of methodology you will choose such as quantitative or qualitative or mixed methodology;
- Clearly identify secondary data source(s) and datathat require for your research; also identify the methods and tools that you will use to analyse the collected data.
This is an individual research task. As a Masters student, you are required to engage in research and demonstrate your understanding of the relevant body of works that have discussed recent developments in a discipline and/or area of professional practice. You are also required to demonstrate knowledge of research methods applicable to a real-life business research. We expect you to read and reflect on at least ten recent refereed journal articles on your topic supported by any other evidence or information that can help identify the problem of your research and the methods of data collection and analysis.
In addition, as a part of topic presentation, all on-campus students are required to discuss their project topic and available secondary data during the tutorial sessions in front of other students. You are also expected to provideconstructive feedback on each of the group members’ project. Distance students will do the same activity in the online discussion forum of the unit Moodle site. Please see detailed guidelines about the topic and data presentation and specific research requirements on the unit Moodle site. You can write 600 words maximum for this assignment. The cover page and the list of references are not counted in the word limit.
All the assessment criteria outlined below are equally weighted for this piece of assessment.
|1. A brief statement of the problem, research aim and objectives
|2. A brief methodology
|3. Sources of secondary data, data presentation and analysis methods
|4. Accurate referencing, use of correct English and logical sequences between sentences and paragraphs
|5. Topic presentation
Key to grading and corresponding marking scale:
HD (84.5% to 100% marks): Student demonstrates outstanding understanding and interpretation of all aspects of the criteria.
D (74.5% to 84.4% marks): Student demonstrates excellence in understanding and interpretation of almost all aspects of the criteria with some minor corrections or additions needed.
C (64.5% to 74.4% marks): Student demonstrates very good understanding and interpretation of most aspects of the criteria with some need for additional work, additions or improvement.
P (49.5% to 64.4% marks): Student demonstrates good understanding and interpretation of the criteria to warrant the award of a Pass but requires considerable additional work, additions or improvement.
F (below 49.5%): Student demonstrates an unsatisfactory understanding and interpretation of the criteria and requires major additional work, additions or improvement to achieve a passing grade.
Learning Outcomes Assessed
- formulate problems in business studies into a concise and precise research question;
- develop and employ ethical practices that consider social, cultural and legal responsibilities of researchers and the research process;
- critically evaluate published academic research, identify secondary data sources, and review extant literature, to develop a theoretical framework for a business problem or opportunity;
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills
- Ethical and Professional Responsibility
You can order BUSN20016: RESEARCH IN BUSINESS assignment from our service and receive a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the BUSN20016: RESEARCH IN BUSINESS academic papers written from scratch, according to all customers’ specifications, expectations and highest standards.”