PROJ6000 Assignment Help
Principles of Project Management Assignment help
Following group discussions, individually write a 1,200-word report that discusses the strengths, weaknesses, similarities, and contrasts of PMBoK and PRINCE2 or Agile in contemporary projects.
There are several project management methodologies and approaches that are used in contemporary project management. Among these are PMBoK, PRINCE2, Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming (XP), and Adaptive Project Framework (APF). Each of them has certain specific elements that proponents say make it easier to use, more applicable, more robust, or otherwise more appropriate for particular environments or circumstances. Whilst these methodologies are all valid and reliable tools for a project manager to use, it is important to be able to contrast them and to form a view of how they may best be used in a project. This analysis includes their usefulness, application in various types of projects, and how they view project risk. Such context can help project managers identify which methodologies/approaches may be best for specific projects.
In this Assessment, you will write a 1,200-word (+/- 10%) report that considers the application of a project management methodology to a project as described in an assigned case study. In particular, you will review the assigned case study, then compare and contrast the application of the PMBoK project management approach to the highlighted project with your choice of one of the following methodologies/approaches:
a) PRINCE2, or
The report must use the following headings:
1. INTRODUCTION: Develop an introduction to PMBoK and the other methodology/approach you have selected (PRINCE2 or Agile) that includes their background and historical context (approximately 200 words)
2. SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES: List 2–3 similarities and 2–3 differences between them and why these similarities and differences are relevant to the assigned case study (approximately 200 words combined)
3. RISK: How each method treats project risk and how these approaches to risk are relevant to the assigned case study (approximately 200 words)
4. PROJECT CONTEXT: The types of projects in which each is used (approximately 200 words)
5. LIFECYCLE IMPLICATIONS: How each differs across different phases of a project’s lifecycle (approximately 200 words)
6. APPLICATION: Explain which methodology you would choose to apply for the project in the assigned case study, and why (approximately 200 words)
Be sure to cite any source material, including learning resources or other academic or industry literature you research, used to inform your analysis.
You will need to consult the literature and use at least 6 references (and not more than 12 references) from academic and industry sources. The word count does not include the reference list. Each reference must be cited in-text in your report.
The assessment requires that you submit your report via Blackboard. You do not need to upload anything relating to your group discussions in Weeks 4 and 5.
It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing here: https://library.torrens.edu.au/academicskills/apa/tool
Submit this task via the Assessment 2 link in the main navigation menu in PROJ6000 – Principles of Project Management. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.