PROJ6003 Assignment Help
Project Execution and Control Assignment help
Write an Individual Report on the assigned Case Study with a critical evaluation outlining a change to be implemented. Identify the Integrated Change Control Complexities (change impact analysis, tools and techniques to manage the change, integrated change control process), proposed mitigations and possible Learnings; they all must be incorporated in the Report.
The Case Study is available at the Key Learning Resources link or will be sent to you as an announcement by your Learning Facilitator via the Announcement link in the main navigation menu of PROJ6003: Project Execution and Control. To be successful in this assessment,
During project execution, project managers ensure that project work is completed as specified in the Project Management Plan and according to project requirements. However, requirements may change throughout the course of a project. Changes thus need to be controlled, ensuring that all of their impacts upon the project are managed effectively and are incorporated into existing management plans and project baselines.
The process of directing and managing project work requires project managers to take on numerous responsibilities and to exhibit characteristics such as attention to detail, constant communication and effective leadership.
Assessment 1 is an individual report, which will provide you the opportunity to apply insights formed from your review of the assigned
These insights encourage a deeper understanding of the challenges faced by the project team in managing large or complex projects, particularly when adopting global project management methodologies such as PMI and Axelos standards.
To complete this assessment task, you must:
1. Read and analyse the given Case Study.
• Refer to your subject notes, lecture slides and any additional research you may conduct that may add value to your report.
2. Complete the report addressing the following requirements:
a) Identify one change you believe is required for the Case Study.
b) Justify this proposed change by applying the tools and techniques from quality management in identifying the root cause(s) for the issues found in the Case Study.
c) Critically analyse the impacts of your change proposal on scope, time, cost and quality of the project.
d) Propose and justify tools and techniques used to manage the change.
e) Explain what processes are involved in submitting your change request, given the scale of your change proposal, and address responsibilities, considering the stakeholders from your Case Study.
f) Identify and discuss options (at least 2) to satisfy the proposed change and any risks associated with each of these options.
g) Complete the Change Request Form (CRF) provided in the Assessments menu of PROJ6003: Project Execution and Control subject site on Blackboard or one that is used from a workplace.
3. The report should consist of the following structure:
• A Title Page with subject code and name, assignment title, student’s name, student ID, lecturer’s name, word count and date submitted.
● An Executive Summary (150–200 words) providing a summary of your report, containing key findings, tools and techniques used, methodology, constraints and recommendations. This section allows the reader to rapidly become acquainted with a large portion of your material. It is usually around 10% of your report and written last.
● A Table of Contents with the structure of the report, including page numbers and headings.
● An Introduction (150–200 words) that will also serve as your statement of purpose for the report — this means that you will tell the reader what you are going to cover in your report as well as provide:
– Background of the Case Study and context of the report
– What the reader can expect to find in the body of the report
● The Body of the Report (1350–1600 words) in which you will cover the seven (7) requirements listed in point 2 above (a – f). This section of your report will contain the information that is required to demonstrate your understanding of the Case Study and key Project
Management concepts under discussion by applying them into your report.
– The report layout should be logical and lead the reader through a story which identifies the key points being discussed and takes the reader to your conclusion.
● A Conclusion (150–200 words) summarising any findings or recommendations that the report puts forward regarding the concepts covered in the report.
– There should not be any new information in the conclusion.
● A list of References providing every source cited within your report.
– Only cited sources are listed in the References.
– The number of references should be between 8 to 14 references.
– The references should be relevant, reliable and reputable.
– They should be listed alphabetically.
– They need to be valid and linked with the topic/content provided within the report.
● An Appendix that consists of any additional tables or information that support your report.
– Your Change Request Form (requirement f) should be contained in the Appendix.
Format of the report
The report should use Arial or Calibri 11-point font, be line-spaced at 1.5 for ease of reading, and have page numbers on the bottom of each page. If diagrams or tables are used, due attention should be given to pagination to avoid loss of meaning and continuity by unnecessarily splitting information over two pages. Diagrams must carry the appropriate captioning.
It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing here: Academic Skills webpage.
Submit Assessment 1, in Word document form, via the Assessments link in the main navigation menu in PROJ6003 – Project Execution and Control. Your Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
If submitting more than one document:
Please note during the submission process that if you would like to include appendix items in your submission, once your first item has been attached, you need to click ‘Browse Your Computer’ to attach your extra documents as an appendix. Then click the Final Submit button.
Leave A Comment