Subject: Cross Cultural Differences
back to top
It has been argued that the same HR practices may not produce the same results in different cultural contexts. Based on this idea, choose TWO of the following HR practices and explain how cultural differences may have an impact.
- Performance appraisal
- Recruitment and selection
- Training and development
Support your discussion with at least 12 academic references. Additionally, you may use examples, newspapers articles, company reports, and cases to support your answer.
Online submission via Turnitin is required for this assignment. Details will be provided by your subject lecturer.
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
- be able to explain the complexity of cross-cultural differences with respect to the integration of international business activity and international human resource management practice.
- be able to reflect, contrast and critically evaluate the differences and similarities in human resource management practices among different cultures.
- be able to examine and justify criteria for selecting, preparing, managing and repatriating international managers.
- be able to compare and contrast approaches to international human resource management practice.
The aim of this assignment is to enable you to demonstrate your understanding of challenges companies face in the realm of International HRM. This report also enables you to apply the knowledge and skills you gain in the subject to real life issues in the work environment.
- Title page
- Executive Summary (not included in the word count)
- Table of Contents (not included in the word count)
- Body (do not use this term, but you will have a discussion section with some headings and subheadings)
- Reference list (not included in the word count)
- Appendices (if any) (not included in the word count)
In terms of requirement specific to this subject, you should:
- Include a formal cover page that shows the subject code and name, your name and student number, the assignment title and number. Please include the total word count in the cover page. The word count includes everything other than the cover page and the reference list. It includes in-text citations and text included in images.
- Use 12 point font, 1.5 line spacing.
- Do not use footnotes or Endnotes.
- Appendices may be used but note that an appendix should contain only supplementary stand-alone information that is not core to the paper. Information in appendices will not be assessed.
- In-text citations and a reference list must be provided using APA6 style of referencing.
- Your assignment should be free of colloquial language and spelling, grammatical and typographical errors. Repeated errors of this kind will be penalised.
- Use academic language and writing style in order to communicate your ideas clearly. Being able to communicate well is vital for participating effectively in the workplace.
- Upload a Word document to Turnitin. Do not upload pdf.
- Marks will be reduced for failure to follow presentation requirements.
Leave A Comment