Code –SMO380 Assignment Help
Subject – International business Assignment Help
Instructions on Assessment:
In Part A, students are required to address the questions below by using academic theory and concepts. (Some suggested resources covering aspects of the case have been posted on Blackboard as a start). In Part B, students are required to apply overall learnings from the module to their own personal development.
Students are required to research the business partnership between Flipkart an e-commerce company based on Walmart the US multinational retail corporation.
- With reference to the academic literature and using your analysis of relevant environmental factors, suggest the most important external issues and trends driving the partnership of Flipkart with Walmart. In which areas are the expected internal benefits and synergies for both companies? Why are the Indian and the US governments involved?
- With reference to the academic literature, how would you describe this partnership? Explain the risks associated with this choice of partnership. Compare and contrast this choice with Walmart’s previous partnership with Bharti Enterprises of India. Justify your view.
- By applying appropriate theory and using evidence from your research of these companies, analyze the national and corporate cultures involved. Speculate on the impact of both on this ‘partnership’ between Walmart with Flipkart.
- Drawing upon academic literature and theory, critically discuss the possible effects, both positive and negative, of exchange rate movements on the deal.
- Identify three (3) specific aspects or challenges of doing business internationally that you have come to appreciate through the seminars or Expert Lectures on this module. Explain why these are significant to you personally and to the future of international business.
Leave A Comment