1. Analyse a business problem
2. Configure, and deploy a cloud based smart/IoT (Internet of Things) application to simulate the problem
3. Design a Node-RED based visual tool to debug the telemetry data from simulation
The purpose of this assignment is to create a cloud based simulating environment which will help to identify/understand the problem stated in the given case study using analysis tools available in IBM Bluemix. In assignment two, you are working in a group of 3-4 students but you are welcome to attempt the assignment individually. By doing this assignment, you will learn to use skills and knowledge of emerging technologies like cloud computing, IoT, to simulate a business scenario to capture operational data and share with a visualization tool. You will acquire a good understanding of smart application design in a cloud environment for efficient application configuration and
What do you need to do?
The assignment requires you to do the following –
• Create a group of 3-4 students (or work individually) and choose a business case from case studies given in page three (3) of this document. Remember your assignment two will be the base work for your assignment three which is
• Download the starter source code given with this assignment to configure, and deploy a cloud based smart/IoT (Internet of Things) application to simulate the business case. The app needs to address all required milestones mentioned in your chosen case study.
• Each of the members of the group need to deploy the app separately in their own Bluemix account.
• Finally prepare a report according to given format and specifications below and submit it in Moodle. You need to submit only one report as a group.
Report format and specifications –
You are required to submit a written report in a single Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) document. There is no word limit but any unnecessary information included in the report may result in reduced marks. The report must contain the following sections (feel free to add one or more sections if necessary):
• Cover page/title page and Table of contents
• URL (of the app) and login details of all group members.
• The step by step process you have followed to configure and deploy the smart app for business case simulation. You may choose to include one or both sub-points below to enrich your report
o Screenshot/s of each step
o A link to a video of you working while deploying and configuring (i.e. screencast)
o How does the app address all required milestones mentioned in your chosen case study?
o How does this simulation help to analyse and identify probable solution of the business problem?
• Telemetry –
o What are the telemetry information collected by the debug system of the simulation? Present them in a table.
o Are these information appropriate to find the business problem? Why or why not?
• Difficulties you faced –
o What are the difficulties you faced during the process of app deployment and data collection using debug?
o How did you address those difficulties?
Business Case One:
Smart application to monitor trucks movement and telemetry
AB Pty. Ltd is a delivery company who has 3 trucks to deliver different products for third parties. They have their set delivery zone which covers an area (feel free to choose an area) of Austin downtown, Texas, USA. Due to the expanding demand their trucks are always busy. Most recently, they are receiving complaints about delayed delivery and long queue of pending delivery. In the initial stage of their business a truck on average can deliver 5 times a day. However, current average for their trucks is only 3 times per day. The general manager of AB Pty. Ltd appointed a business analyst to identify potential causes of the delay. The business analyst made a number of stage one recommendations below –
• Develop a smart application to simulate the trucks movement.
• Divide the entire delivery area into two zones (east_west and south_north).
• Write a NODE-RED function node that will
o set different speed limit of the car for each zone and outside the zone.
o change speed value( feel free to assume the speed values) when it enters in a delivery Zone and change it back when it is outside of the delivery zone. You can use ID of delivery Zone, entry and exit message from GeoAlert to know about their entry and exit in a specific zone.
• Create a visual dashboard using NODE-RED which will have a speed Gauge and speed chart
of a specific car.
The AB Pty. Ltd appointed you as an ICT professional to develop a simulated connected vehicle application for simulation in Bluemix which will address the milestones above recommended by the business analyst.
Business Case Two:
Smart application to remotely monitor a patient’s movement details
AB hospital has a physiotherapy department with 3 patients. The hospital is very renowned for their services. It is receiving increasing pressure to increase their capacity to serve more physiotherapy patients. However, their current capacity is limited to 3 patients only. Furthermore, as part of their service, they also want to collect information about their patients walking habits within the walking zone of the hospital to serve them better. They have appointed a business analyst to identify actions to address the issues. The business analyst made a number of stage one recommendations below –
• Divide the entire walking area (feel free to choose an area) in Austin downtown, Texas, USA
into two zones (east_west and south_north).
• Write a NODE-RED function node that will
o set different walking speed of the patient for each zone and outside the zone.
o change speed value when it enters in a walking Zone and change it back when it is outside of the zone. You can use ID of walking Zone, entry and exit message from GeoAlert to know about their entry and exit in a specific zone.
• Create a visual dashboard using NODE-RED which will have a walking speed Gauge and speed chart of a specific patient.
The AB hospital appointed you as an ICT professional to develop a simulated connected patient’s application for simulation in Bluemix which will address the milestones above recommended by the business analyst.
You can order this assignment from our service and receive a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the academic papers written from scratch, according to all customers’ specifications, expectations and highest standards.”