Code – COIS13034
Subject – CLOUD BASED SMART APPLICATIONS MANAGEMENT
COIS13034 – CLOUD BASED SMART APPLICATIONS MANAGEMENT ASSIGNMENT HELP
This assessment item relates to the unit learning outcomes as stated in the unit profile.
1. Analyse a case study and identify issues associated with the business;
2. Develop and deploy the application in IBM Bluemix;
3. Prepare a document to report your activities using text and multimedia (for example screenshots, videos).
The purpose of this assignment is to create a cloud based simulating environment which will help to identify/understand the problem stated in the given case study using analysis tools available in IBM Bluemix. In assignment three, you are working individually. By doing this assignment, you will learn to use skills and knowledge of emerging technologies like cloud computing, IoT, to simulate a business scenario to capture operational data and share with a visualization tool. You will acquire a good understanding of smart application design in a cloud environment for efficient application configuration and deployment.
What do you need to do?
The assignment requires you to do the following –
• Download the ‘Starter_Code_For_Assignment_Three.rar’ given in week 8 to configure, and deploy a cloud based smart/IoT (Internet of Things) application to simulate the business case.
• Choose a case study out of given two below and analyse the case study to understand the business problem and design a solution for those problems.
• Deploy the starter source code in your Bluemix account and modify it to address all required milestones mentioned in your chosen case study.
• Finally prepare a report according to given format and specifications below and submit it in Moodle.
Report format and specifications –
You are required to submit a written report in a single Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) document. There is no word limit but any unnecessary information included in the report may result in reduced marks.
The report must contain the following content (feel free to define your own sections, as long as you include all the required content):
o Cover page/title page and Table of contents
o URL of the app and login details of the IBM Bluemix account
o Case study analysis which will report – o Business problems you have identified in the case study
o Possible solutions for each and how do these solutions address the business problems?
o What are the solutions you implemented in the application?
o The step by step process you have followed to configure and deploy the smart app for business case simulation. You may choose to include one or both sub-points below to enrich your report o Video link of you working while deploying and configuring
o Telemetry – o What telemetry information is collected by the debug system of the simulation? Present the information in a table.
o Is this information appropriate to find a solution to the business problem? Why or why not?
o Difficulties you faced – o What are the difficulties you faced during the process of app deployment and data collection using debug?
o How did you address those difficulties?
Plagiarism Checking Information
It is VERY important that you do not copy content directly from either the text or Internet resources: this assignment is to be in your own words. You will lose marks if you do not use your own words! Actual plagiarism will result in the instigation of the student misconduct process.
On uploading your assignment for the first time you will be able to immediately see your similarity score. However, a 24 hour delay exists for the release of similarity scores for the submission of successive items (drafts).
To be clear, the delay will not apply to your first draft which will receive a Turnitin similarity score as soon as possible. This mandatory delay was implemented by Turnitin to minimise misuse of the similarity-checking service by students who were simply modifying their submissions to avoid match detection and without citing sources appropriately.
Choose a Business Case only for this assignment
Business Case One:
Smart application to monitor trucks movement and telemetry
AB Pty. Ltd is a delivery company who has 3 trucks to deliver different products for third parties. They have their set delivery zone which covers an area (feel free to choose an area) of Austin downtown, Texas, USA. Due to the expanding demand their trucks are always busy. Most recently, they are receiving complaints about delayed delivery and long queue of pending delivery. In the initial stage of their business a truck on average can deliver 5 times a day. However, current average for their trucks is only 3 times per day. The general manager of AB Pty. Ltd appointed a business analyst to identify potential causes of the delay. The business analyst made a number of stage one recommendations below –
• Develop a smart application to simulate the trucks movement.
• Divide the entire delivery area into two zones (east_west and south_north).
• Write a NODE-RED function node that will o set different speed limits of the car for each zone and outside the zone.
o change speed value( feel free to assume the speed values) when it enters in a delivery zone and change it back when it is outside of the delivery zone. You can use ID of delivery zone, entry and exit message from GeoAlert to know about their entry and exit in a specific zone.
• Create a visual dashboard using NODE-RED which will have a speed gauge and speed chart of a specific car.
AB Pty. Ltd appointed you as an ICT professional to develop a simulated connected vehicle application for simulation in Bluemix which will address the milestones above recommended by the business analyst.
Business Case Two:
Smart application to remotely monitor a patient’s movement details
AB hospital has a physiotherapy department with 3 patients. The hospital is very renowned for their services. It is receiving increasing pressure to increase their capacity to serve more physiotherapy patients. However, their current capacity is limited to 3 patients only. Furthermore, as part of their service, they also want to collect information about their patients walking habits within the walking zone of the hospital to serve them better. They have appointed a business analyst to identify actions to address the issues. The business analyst made a number of stage one recommendations below –
• Divide the entire walking area (feel free to choose an area) in Austin downtown, Texas, USA into two zones (east_west and south_north).
• Write a NODE-RED function node that will o set different walking speed of the patient for each zone and outside the zone.
o change speed value when it enters in a walking zone and change it back when it is outside of the zone. You can use ID of walking zone, entry and exit message from GeoAlert to know about their entry and exit in a specific zone.
• Create a visual dashboard using NODE-RED which will have a walking speed Gauge and speed chart of a specific patient.
AB hospital appointed you as an ICT professional to develop a simulated connected patient’s application for simulation in Bluemix which will address the milestones above recommended by the business analyst.