HI6041 Assignment Help
Information Systems Security Assignment help
You are an IoT Developer at HomeOfTheBrave Ltd and you are about to start a project where you have been tasked with setting up an IoT home office with a remote link to the company’s head office. The project is divided into 2 parts:
- Create a home office with the criteria and devices given in the town of Byron Heads.
- Control these smart devices from the head office which is a few miles north, but across state lines, in the city of Brispain.
The home office includes, but is not limited to the following smart devices:
- 1 x Front Door Lock
- 1 x Garage Door
- 1 x Motion Detector
- 1 x Air Conditioner (AC)
- 1 x Portable Music Player
- 1 x Carbon Monoxide Detector
- 1 x Thermostat
- 1 x Siren
These devices are linked to a Wireless Router, which is linked via an Ethernet cable to a Cable Modem. The modem is connected to the Internet via an ISP known as ALDOT. All the devices are registered on a Remote Server which can be controlled locally by a Tablet that is also connected to the wireless network. The Remote Server is connected to the Company’s Cloud Cluster service (run by SmokeHaze Servers), as well as an external server that the home office uses for media streaming.
- Ensure that you add ALL necessary screenshots with the documentation as well as the packet tracer file to be presented to the manager for project approval.
- Build and configure the home office. (Refer to the file on the Student Resources named Assignment_3_Help).
- Save the file as pkt . A template exists in the Cisco Network Academy IoT Course.
- All screenshots for each step with a brief explanation must be included in the document.
- Once the Assignment is complete, you must embed the packet tracer file as an object in the word document as pkt
Part 1a (10 marks)
The home office is connected to the Internet Service Provider using a Cable Modem. Once that is in place, Add, connect, enable and configure the registration server, tablet and wireless router for the home office. The network must implement security protocols and techniques. You should define a suitable addressing scheme and ensure that your devices get addresses via DHCP where appropriate.
All the devices for the home office as outlined above should be represented in this environment.
Create a DNS name server to resolve the names of the devices in this environment. Use DNS wwwFirstName.com (where FirstName is your own first name) to access the connected devices.
Part 1b (20 marks)
Add the head office in a different city. Use your smartphone and connect it to the head office server. You can use any connecting and intermediary devices of your choice. Log on to the web browser on your tablet/smartphone and manage the devices.
Use your tablet/smartphone to:
- Lock the Front Door
- Open the Garage door
- Play ‘music’ through the Portable Music Player
- Unlock the front door
- Test the siren
- Switch on the Air Conditioner
Part 1c (10 marks)
For the final part of this task, embed the following logic in the main office.
- When the motion detector detects motion, set off the alarm and lock the door.
- Increase the carbon monoxide level and open the garage door (it should also close when the level reduces).
You must demonstrate the operation of each of these criteria.
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
- be able to explain and demonstrate various components of Internet of Things (IoT).
- be able to analyse the role and importance of IoT in the modern world.
- be able to investigate and propose various requirements of IoT for real world applications.