ITC504 Assessment item 4 – Working Prototype
Due Date: 27-Sep-2020
Return Date: 20-Oct-2020
Submission method options: Alternative submission method
You must read the Performance Horses case study in Interact Resources before starting this assessment item.
Your assignment is to develop the final design for the Performance Horses control panel. You will be required to submit a working prototype in presentation mode.
1. Create the final design for the Performance Horses control panel. This design must:
a. Meet all the requirements laid out in the case study; (10 marks)
b. Include all pages required for the final implementation of the design; (10 marks)
c. Include all screen components for each page; (10 marks)
d. Include all navigation components; (10 marks)
e. Include all the improvements recommended by the peer review and usability evaluation. (10 marks)
6. Create a click-through prototype of your design using Balsamiq Mockups Links in presentation mode (see https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/linking/ for details). When the links in your presentation mode mockup are working correctly, then export your presentation to PDF (see https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/exporting/#exporting-to-pdf (https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/exporting/%23exporting-to-pdf)). This PDF file is what you will submit for assessment. (20 marks)
7. Create a Design document that details:
a. An overview of your design, its advantages, and how it meets the Performance Horses requirements. (10 marks)
b. The reasoning behind your final design decisions, with reference to your original design and principles of design or usability. (10 marks)
c. The recommendations from the peer review and usability evaluation and how these recommendations were implemented in your design, along with the reasoning behind the method of implementation (this can be done in tabular format). (10 marks)
i. If a recommendation was not implemented, then indicate your reasoning behind this rejection with reference to the principles of design or usability.
Your design will be assessed for usability as part of the final evaluation of this assignment. You must ensure that:
• All wireframes are as complete as possible;
• The wireframes are correctly linked, and that all links have been tested prior to submission.
• The design document is complete
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
• be able to explain the relevance of integrating aspects of the human, social and organisational context into the design process.
• be able to demonstrate and articulate the importance of the principles of design that are applicable to the design of an interface.
• be able to evaluate the effective usability of an interface and recommend changes to improve its usability.
• be able to design a user interface to meet a given set of requirements.
• be able to design a usability strategy to ensure that an interface meets its usability goals.
• be able to interpret and evaluate usability testing results to plan interface improvements.