Subject Code: MAN304
Subject Name: Issues in International Business
Assessment Title: Case Study Analysis (Individual)
The purpose of this individual assessment is to apply the principles of international market analysis to a market entry mode for a specific Case Study (Medium Size Australian Private Company – “Grants”).
Grants is a producer of natural-ingredient-based toothpaste sold under the brand “Grants of Australia” (www.grantsofaustralia.com.au). The firm has been selling its products in Australia since 1984, starting off as a family-produced, home-made toothpaste, growing into a well-regarded brand by 1994.
The firm has a focus on the niche organics and the health-conscious market and now also produces a vegan toothpaste. It has never been a mainstream brand and, though sold at some major supermarket outlets in Australia, is not significantly represented in consumer purchases. The market analysis of the Australian consumer landscape indicates that Grants has almost reached all of its target audience, meaning there is likely to be insufficient room for any significant growth in its sales in the medium to long term. The major selling brand remains the global giant- Colgate. But Grants has a distinct set of differentiators that can help it develop new markets outside of Australia.
The management of Grants has identified that the health-conscious segment is expanding in Asia, in line with growth in incomes and the development of a broader range of consumer tastes. (emerging middle class) They are considering one of three possible countries to enter: Malaysia, Vietnam or Thailand. You have been asked to develop a market analysis for one (1) of these three possible target countries.
You are required to analyse the firm’s market position and propose a market entry strategy to its Board of Directors in the form of 15 PowerPoint slides (not including cover sheet and references). Once Grants has decided to enter a market, it will need to select a viable mode of entry, which you will also propose.
It is a culmination of the work completed in assessments 1 and 2 and represents your report to the Board of Directors of the firm as to how they will enter the destination market. The question is not whether the firm should enter the market, but rather how it will enter and which market it will enter (and why).
Your slide deck to the Board of Directors, therefore, addresses the following:
1. Whether the firm has a competitive advantage (is this a new theme) in its product or service (are you also talking about “service?) over competitors in the new market and what that advantage may be
2. The rationale for the choice of which country they should enter and why
3. Information about the destination country that you feel is relevant to the decision of the Board of Directors on how to enter the market (e.g. political, economic or other factors)
4. Reasons for this mode choice
5. The top 5 steps the firm will take to implement its strategy of entry mode
• The Slide Deck should have 5 references (academic and/or commercial/government online resources)
• In referencing sources, you must apply Harvard Referencing Style to your in-text citations and consequently to the reference list.
• This case study analysis is a Slide Deck created in PowerPoint to be submitted via Moodle. While you may be asked to talk about your findings in class, you are required to submit this assessment via Moodle.
• Please refer to the Assessment Marking Guide to assist you in completing all the assessment criteria.
“You can order MAN304: Issues in International Business Assignment from our service and receive a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the MAN304: Issues in International Business Assignment from scratch, according to all customers’ specifications, expectations and highest standards.”