REFLECTIVE PRACTICE ASSIGNMENT help
The objective of this assessment is to help students learn about a range of trending topics in project management, especially throughout initiating and planning stages of projects – through conducting research. You are required to analyse a case such as a failed project, and distil lessons learnt through answering a range of questions. The lessons learnt will inform the development process of the project plan for a new project of a similar nature (e.g. Assessment 3). Several questions will be asked in relation to the topics discussed in the unit. The questions address different knowledge areas covered in the unit (e.g. scope management, cost management, stakeholder management and risk management, etc.) in relation to project initiation and planning. Therefore, for students, it is essential to acquire a good understanding of the topics covered during the unit.
A case study is considered for this assessment. The case description is provided as an attachment to this document. You must carefully read the cases and questions and answer to each question logically by using quality references from academic journals, books, PM standards (e.g. PMBOK and other authenticated sources (such as PMI and APM websites). You must clearly link theory to the case throughout your discussions.
This assignment must be delivered in a report format containing:
- Executive summary – overview of the purpose of report, findings and lessons learned,
- Table of content,
- Introduction – purpose of the report, cases summaries, and the structure of the report,
- Body – Answer to the questions by referring to relevant project management knowledge and use of techniques. Cite high quality and relevant references,
- Conclusion – concluding each case finding and lessons learned,
- Reference list – Harvard style,
- Appendices (if any).