Subject Code: BUS106
Subject Name: Marketing Principles
Assessment Title: Individual 4P’s Analysis
Assessment Type: Slide Deck
Length: 10 slides
Individually, you are required to create a slide deck that brings out the traditional marketing mix elements for a product of your choosing.
The purpose of this individual assessment is to develop your skills in using the relevant marketing analysis tools related to the four P’s of Marketing. This will enable you to apply learned marketing theories and concepts to a ‘real world’ business situation within a safe learning environment.
Step 1: Choose a specific product item (not service) to conduct a four P’s analysis on.
Step 2: Using your learning in class and external research, complete the following tasks:
Product Decisions (with reference to content in weeks 2 & 5):
• Identify the type of consumer product that you have selected. Give reasons to support your choice.
• Identify the various features that make up your product’s three layers. You may use a diagram or chart.
• Using the Product Life Cycle Model, identify the current stage of your selected product or product category. Give reasons to support your choice.
Price Decisions (with reference to the content covered in week 7):
• Determine the pricing point of your product. Then, identify the pricing strategy used by the company that is selling this product. Give examples and reasons to support your choice.
• Identify various pricing tactics the company use to sell your product. Give examples and reasons to support your choice.
Place Decisions (with reference to content covered in week 8):
• Identify the channel of distribution the company uses to distribute your product. Give reasons to support your choice.
• Identify the level of distribution intensity for your selected product. Give reasons to support your choice.
Promotion Decisions (with reference to content covered in week 9):
• Identify the various communication strategies the company uses to advertise the selected product. Give examples and reasons to support your choice.
• Identify the various types of advertising used to advertise your product? Give examples and reasons to support your choice.
Step 3: Present your responses to the above in a slide deck made in a professional manner, with the following headings:
Title slide with student details
Analysis of Product Decisions
Analysis of Price Decisions
Analysis of Place Decisions
Analysis of Promotion Decisions
Reference List (you must apply Harvard Referencing Style)
In preparing your slide deck, you are required to reference at least 5 sources of information. These may include corporate websites, government publications, industry reports, census data, journal articles, newspaper articles, and textbook material. You are also encouraged to make your work visually appealing and use appropriate diagrams, charts, pictures, etc.
“You can order BUS106: Marketing Principles assignment from our service and receive a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the BUS106: Marketing Principles assignment from scratch, according to all customers’ specifications, expectations and highest standards.”
Leave A Comment