Code – COIS13034
Subject – CLOUD BASED SMART APPLICATIONS MANAGEMENT
COIS13034 – CLOUD BASED SMART APPLICATIONS MANAGEMENT ASSIGNMENT HELP
This assessment item relates to the unit learning outcomes as specified in the unit profile.
1. Research multiple resources (e.g. websites, articles, books) to answer a series of connected questions;
2. Prepare a report to answer the questions according to the given guideline in the assignment;
3. Write a case study which addresses assignment requirements.
The purpose of this assignment is to learn current scientific and industry development on the topics related to the unit content. As a group you will choose a topic from the topic list below and research on it as a team to prepare a report. You also need to prepare a case study which will demonstrate the use and influence of the topic in an industry situation. Ideally, you are working in a group of 3-4 students. In a special circumstance, you may be allowed by the unit coordinator to attempt the assignment individually but you will lose marks allocated for effective teamwork. By doing this assignment, you will learn to use skills and knowledge of emerging developments and their use related to cloud computing and IoT.
• Cloud computing concepts and models – week 2
• Cloud technologies – week 3
• Cloud infrastructure mechanisms – week 4
• Cloud security mechanisms – week 5
• Introduction to Internet of Things (IoT) and smart applications – week 6
• Cloud architectures – week 7
• Cloud delivery model models – week 8
• Smart technology: how IoT works – week 9
• Smart homes: tomorrow and today – week 10
• Smart warfare: rise of machines – week 10
• Smart world: the global Internet of Everything (IoE) – week 11
• Smart problems: big brother is watching you – week 11
• Smart businesses: better working through technology – week 12
What do you need to do?
The assignment requires you to do the following –
• Create a group of 3-4 students (or work individually). Please note, regardless of
your group size or even as an individual attempt, you need to address all the requirements of the assignment. You need permission from unit coordinator to make any exception to this.
• Choose a topic as a group from the topic list above and read the lecture content relevant to the topic.
• Research about the topic using multiple authentic resources e.g. websites, articles (conference and journal) and books. Please note, Wikipedia is not considered an authentic resource for academic reporting in this assessment.
• Finally, prepare a report according to the given format and specifications below and submit it in Moodle. You need to submit only one report as a group.
• The report will be marked as a group and any conflict within the group needs to be dealt with via consultation of your tutor/lecturer one week before the submission date. If you fail to deal with the conflict on time, the entire group will be responsible for the submission.
Report format and specifications –
You are required to submit a written report in a single Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) document. You must use appropriate and authentic referencing to ensure credibility of your report. The report must not exceed 4000 words limit and any unnecessary information included in the report may result in reduced marks.
The report must contain the following content (feel free to define your own sections, as long as you include all the required content):
• Cover page/title page and Table of contents
• Body of the report needs to address the following – o Detail the current use of your chosen topic in the context of IBM cloud
o How does other leading cloudIoT providers handle it compare to IBM’s implementation?
o What are the current developments relevant to your topic which can heavily impact the cloudIoT industry?
o What are the current challenges the cloudIoT industry is facing regarding your chosen topic?
• Write a business case study which shows how your topic helps to address day to day business challenges. You will find many similar case studies in the text book specified in this unit. Please find an example business case study at the end of this assignment document.
• References – all key claims and statements in your report must be backed by authentic references. The number of required references may vary across topics, however it must be at least 10 references. Make sure you also cite each reference in the text (rather than just listing the reference at the end of the report).
Plagiarism Checking Information
It is VERY important that you do not copy content directly from either the text or Internet resources: this assignment is to be in your own words. You will lose marks if you do not use your own words! Actual plagiarism will result in the instigation of the student misconduct process.
On uploading your assignment for the first time you will be able to immediately see your similarity score. However, a 24 hour delay exists for the release of similarity scores for the submission of successive items (drafts).3
To be clear, the delay will not apply to your first draft which will receive a Turnitin similarity score as soon as possible. This mandatory delay was implemented by Turnitin to minimise misuse of the similarity-checking service by students who were simply modifying their submissions to avoid match detection and without citing sources appropriately.
Example business case study
Student Number: Name:
Marker / Date: Sections
The report quality –
• Is the report easy to follow? Did it address all the key information required for the report?
• Is it prepared using formal report writing style such as table of content, page numbers, appropriate referencing (if any), cover page, introduction, conclusion, referencing and so on.
• Did it specifically address all the guidelines provided by the ‘Report format and specifications’ section.
/3( 1 mark for each bullet point)
Content – how effectively team address points below
• Detail current use of your chosen topic in the context of IBM cloud
• How do other leading cloudIoT providers handle it compared to IBM’s implementation?
• What are the current developments relevant to your topic which can heavily impact the cloudIoT industry?
• What are the current challenges cloudIoT industry facing?
/8 ( 2 marks for each bullet points)
Case study –
• Relevancy of the case study with the topic
• How well the case study incorporated current industry trends and needs
• Detail and readability of the case study
/6 ( 2 marks for each bullet points )
Keywords – COIS13034 assignment help, cloud based smart appliaction assignment help
Leave A Comment