Code – COIS13034
Subject – CLOUD BASED SMART APPLICATIONS MANAGEMENT
Cloud Based Smart Application Management Assignment Help
The unit learning outcomes covered in this assessment are listed in the unit profile.
1. Acquire fundamental knowledge on cloudcomputing;
2. Become familiar with cloud service providers and theirservices;
3. Learn to manage cloud services.
The purpose of this assignment is to compare and contrast two cloud service providers and their services. By doing this assignment, you will acquire a good understanding of available cloud service providers and their service offerings. This will help you to determine appropriate services for developing smart applications.
What do you need to do?
The assignment requires you to do the following:
• Identify four cloud service providers who offer PaaS (Platform as a Service) to develop applications.
• Select one of the cloud service providers from your list for further investigation. If necessary, create a trial account and use all the different services it offers. Take screenshots to record some of those services while using them.
• Compare and contrast between Bluemix (used in this unit) and the PaaS service of the cloud service provider you have chosen.
What do you need to submit?
You are required to submit a written report in a single Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) document. The report should contain 1500-3000 words excluding references. The report must contain the following sections (feel free to define your own sections, as long as you include all the required content):
• Cover page/title page, table of contents and abstract
• Cloud service providers o List all identified cloud service providers who offer PaaS (Platform as a Service) to develop applications
o Select a service provider out of the list to compare with Bluemix and write two reasons to justify your choice
• Comparison and contrast with Bluemix – this is the body of the report and should be written as detailed as possible. You can include screenshots and other media to enrich your report (you are not allowed to use screenshots and media content from internet – they must be your own. It is a good idea to try the environment before your answer this section. This section mustand
only include comparison and contrast between IBM Bluemix and your chosen service provider for the following:
o Services offered for smart applications development such as Internet of Things (IoT) applications, Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications and so on.
o The quality of design and navigation of the PaaS system.
o Step by step process required to create and deploy a “Hello World”application.
o The level of difficulty for development and deployment process of the cloud environment.
o How easy is it to manage the application in the context of the following: Allocate and upgrade resources like memory, space, etc.
Update/amend host URL, hosting data center and program/code of the application.
• Your opinion – Based on your comparison and contrast of two cloud providers, o Which service provider performed better and why?
o For each propose one area of improvement, that you would like to see over their current services and why?
Plagiarism Checking Information
It is VERY important that you do not copy content directly from either the text or Internet resources: this assignment is to be in your own words. You will lose marks if you do not use your own words! Actual plagiarism will result in the instigation of the student misconduct process.
On uploading your assignment for the first time you will be able to immediately see your similarity score. However, a 24 hour delay exists for the release of similarity scores for the submission of successive items (drafts).
To be clear, the delay will not apply to your first draft which will receive a Turnitin similarity score as soon as possible.
This mandatory delay was implemented by Turnitin to minimise misuse of the similarity-checking service by students who were simply modifying their submissions to avoid match detection and without citing sources appropriately.
Student Number & Name: Marker / Date: Sections
The report quality –
• Is the report easy to follow?
• Is it prepared using formal report writing style such as table of content, page numbers, appropriate referencing (if any), cover page, introduction, conclusion and so on.
/2 ( 1 mark for each bullet points)
Cloud service providers – How well student answered the bullet points below.
• List all identified cloud service providers who offer PaaS (Platform as a Service) to develop applications
• Select a service provider out of the list to compare with Bluemix and write two reasons to justify your choice
/3 marks ( 1.5 marks for each bullet points)
Comparison and contrast – How well student answered the bullet points below.
• Services offered for smart applications development such as Internet of Things (IoT) application, Artificial Intelligent (AI) application and so on. (1marks)
• The quality of design and navigation of the PaaS system. (1marks)
• The level of difficulties for development and deployment process of the cloud environment. (1marks)
• How easy to manage the app in the context of the following? ( 1marks)
o Allocate and upgrade resources like memory, space, etc.
o Update/amend host URL, hosting data center and program/code of the application.
• Step by step process require to create and deploy a “Hello World” application. (4 marks)
/8 marks ( 1 mark for each of first four bullet points + 4 marks for the last one)
• Adequate referencing
• Referencing style – we use Harvard (author-date) referencing style
/2 marks ( 1 mark for each bullet points)
Keyword – COIS13034 assignment help, Cloud Based Smart Application Management Assignment Help , COIS 13034 Assesment 1 help.