Portfolio Items (Individual Assessments)
Portfolio 1 – PF1 (10 marks)
This assessment will be discussed in Week 3 to be submitted in Week 4.
Please Note: Moodle uses AEST time. That is, if you live outside Queensland you will have to adjust the time for final submission (due date and time).
Description: This assignment aims to develop awareness among students of becoming a lifelong learner. Students need to use the ARE process in this assignment. Students also require to write a reflective analysis on their experience of doing this task.
1. To succeed in an ever changing ICT profession, it is very important to become a lifelong learner. Do some background research, evaluate the information and write about your understanding on being a lifelong learner and why it is important for ICT professional (write with an example).
(word limit: 150 words).
2. Analyse the information you gathered in step 1, do some further research, evaluate the information and write in your own words how you can become an effective lifelong learner (include your plan for that).
(word limit: 150 words).
3. Write your reflection on this task. Your reflection should include the followings:
a. Briefly describe how you did the task (about the process).
b. Evaluate and write a brief description of your experience of doing this task. Was this task easy or hard? Justify your answer briefly (your justification may include if your past knowledge helped you doing this task or if it was a total new experience for you).
c. Analyse critically what have you learnt from this task? If you think you did not learn anything then give reason why you think so?
d. How this experience will help you in the future? If you think that this experience will not help you in the future, then provide your reasoning for that as well.
(word limit: 200 words).
1. Submit the MS-Word file to Moodle.
2. You should use the Unit and ALC materials from Weeks 1, 2 and 3 as relevant to get the skills needed for this assessment.
3. The entire Word file must be able to be processed in Turnitin – that is, it must contain text and NOT images. Any words presented as an image will receive 0 marks.
4. Total Word count should be around 500 words +/-10%. Any coversheet you provide is not included in the word count.
5. Check spelling/grammar/structure of your submission.
6. You do not need to provide any references.
7. Please Note: Moodle uses AEST time. That is, if you live outside Queensland you will have to adjust the time for final submission (due date and time).
Marking Criteria (Total 10 marks)
1. Analysed and explained what it means by lifelong learner. (1 mark)
2. Explained with example why it is important to become a lifelong learner (1 mark)
3. Explained how to become a lifelong learner and included students plan for that (3 marks)
4. Reflective analysis (3 marks)
5. Length – the total word count for the purpose and the explanation approximately 500 words +/-10% and correct spelling/grammar/structure/ease of reading and layout (2 marks)
COIT20249 Assignment Help, COIT20249 Portfolio Items