Code – COIT20260
Subject – Cloud Computing for Smart Applications
This assessment item relates to the unit learning outcomes as specified in the unit profile.
1. Research multiple scholarly resources to report the scientific developments relevant to the topic(s);
2. Prepare a report according to the given guidelines in the assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to learn current scientific and industry development on the topics related to the unit content. As a group you will choose a topic from the topic list below and research on it as a team to prepare a report. You also need to prepare a case study which will demonstrate the use and influence of the topic in an industry situation. Ideally, you are working in a group of 3-4 students. In a special circumstance, you may be allowed by the unit coordinator to attempt the assignment individually, but you will lose marks allocated for effective teamwork. By doing this assignment, you will learn to use skills and knowledge of emerging developments and their use related to cloud computing and IoT.
• Integration of Cloud computing and Internet of Things(IoT)
• Cloud computing scheduling algorithms
• Routing protocols used in IoT sensor networks
• NB-IoT vs. LoRaWAN
• Insider attacks in IoT
• Edge computing for cloud and IoT
• Insider attacks in Cloud computing systems
• Service Level Agreement(SLA) in cloud computing
• Quality of Service(QoS) in cloud computing
• BigData management issues in IoT systems
• Data privacy in CloudIoT system
• Smart homes: tomorrow and today
• Smart City and Smart world: the global Internet of Everything (IoE)
• Smart businesses: better working through technology
• Cloud computing technologies and their architectures
• Resource allocation models in cloud
What do you need to do?
The assignment requires you to do the following –
• Create a group of 3-4 students (or work individually). Please note, regardless of your group size or even as an individual attempt, you need to address all the requirements of the assignment. You need permission from unit coordinator to make any exception to this.
• Choose a topic as a group from the topic list above. Research about the topic using multiple scholarly resources (conference papers or published books or journal papers). Each member of the group needs to select and read minimum three (3) scholarly articles for this report. A generic report which do not relate to the chosen topic will receive 40 % (12 marks) upfront deduction.
• Finally prepare a report according to the given format and specifications below and submit it in Moodle. You need to submit only one report as a group.
• In the cover page, the report must have a contribution section to list articles read by a specific group member. The report will be marked as a group and any conflict within the group needs to be dealt with via consultation of your tutor/lecturer one week before the submission date. If you fail to deal with the conflict on time, the entire group will be responsible for the submission.
Report format and specifications –
You are required to submit a written report in a single Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) document. You must use appropriate and authentic referencing to ensure credibility of your report. The report must not exceed 5000 words limit and any unnecessary information included in the report may result in reduced marks.
The report must contain the following content (feel free to define your own sections, as long as you include all the required content):
• Cover page/title page, contribution section and table of contents. Make sure, you mention your chosen topic in the front page.
• Body of the report needs to address the following –
o Minimum one paragraph summary of each article which will cover –
• What is the article about?
• What problem did it address?
• Brief detail- how did they address it?
o Challenges or future work: this section will be written as a group which will combine challenges and future work relevant to the topic
o Current industry trends (e.g. technology or technique) relevant to your topic.
• Write a business case study which shows how your topic may help to address day to day business challenges. You will find many similar case studies in the text book specified in this unit. Please find an example business case study at the end of this assignment document.
• References –All key claims and statements in your report must be backed by authentic references. The number of required references may vary across topics; however it must be at least 15 references. Make sure you cite each reference in the text (rather than just listing the reference at the end of the report).
keywords – COIT20260 keywords, Cloud Computing for Smart Applications assignment help