This challenging assessment provides you with real-world experience through an applied and innovative task. Firstly, you need to choose one of the following companies that have recently hired you:
The CEO of your chosen company has decided to investigate market opportunities for the potential international promotion and sale of their products to one of the following countries:
Secondly, you need to select one of the above countries and write a report evaluating the potential opportunities and threats that may influence market entry into that country. This requires you to conduct a strategic analysis of the environmental factors, including: economic and financial; political and legal; social and cultural; and technological of the chosen country.
It is recommended that students read various academic materials before writing this report. You will be expected to have consulted both academic and grey literature, including books; academic journal articles; conference proceedings; theses and dissertations; and relevant government, industry and market reports, to support your arguments with theories and market figures. You should start working on the assessment as early as Week 4.
The report structure is as follows:
– Title page with unit name and code, student name, student id and campus and date
– Executive summary (not more than 1 page)
– Table of contents
– Introduce the background information necessary to understand the product and the country of your choice
– Discuss the environmental factors (economic/financial, political/legal, social/cultural, technological) that may affect your international marketing campaign in the chosen country
– Conclusion and recommendations for moving forward on the export opportunities or threats
– List the references (at least 15 academic references)
– Appendices (where required)
– Please use Times New Roman with font 12 and 1.5 line spacing
– Word length: 2,500 words ( excluding the executive summary, table of contents, reference list, appendices and charts).
You can use the CQUniversity library database and Google Scholar to find journal articles. Remember to reference them in-text as you use them and add them immediately to your reference list. You must use APA referencing and if using Endnote, you need to download and use the latest version.
To enhance the presentation of your report, use numbered headings and sub-headings to specify the information required for each of the criteria above. The assessment marking criteria should guide you in preparing this assessment task, specifically the weighting attributed to each section of the report.
All reports will be checked by Turnitin to compare the report to other sources and will provide students and lecturers with a similarity score for the report. Reports with a similarity score index of more than 20% will be checked for plagiarism (although it may not necessarily mean that the student has plagiarised).