HI5029 IS Project Management – Individual Assignment
|Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines|
|Unit Title||IS Project Management|
|Assessment Type||Individual Assignment|
|Assessment Title||Assessment 3, Research Paper|
|Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping)||This assessment item relates to the unit learning outcomes as in the unit descriptor. This assessment is designed to improve student research and writing skills and to give students experience in researching the literature on a topic relevant to the Unit of Study subject matter, critically analyzing current academic papers then presenting results and findings in a referenced written report.
Students will be able to:
a. interpret and critique a variety of project management methodologies including both traditional and agile approaches;
b. interpret user requirements and project management related data and make appropriate recommendations within a project context;
c. analyse and evaluate the role of the modern project manager including ethical, social and cultural issues in the context of IT projects;
|Weight||40% of the total assessments|
|Word limit||2500-3000 words|
|Due Date||· 3a Draft week 8
· 3b Research Paper week 13
|Submission Guidelines||· All workmust be submitted on Blackboard by the due date alongwith a completed Assignment Cover Page.
· Theassignmentmust be in MS Wordformat, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Calibri (Body) font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your pagewithappropriatesectionheadings.
· Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
You are expected to complete a critique and conduct a literature review to discuss a contemporary issue which an IS professional may experience and identify appropriate approaches to address this issue. The topic is “What factors impacting the successful implementation of IT Project Management”. You need to search in the literature and find at least ten (10) academic research papers (references) related to this topic. (Academic papers can be found in ProQuest. ProQuest instruction can be found in below. Please contact Liberian if you have further question).
A draft of the research paper (key points/headings) will be submitted in session 8 whereby students can receive feedback. Then students should submit the final research paper in the Blackboard by session 13.
The Draft report submission structure is as follow:
What you need to submit for Draft submission:
- Assignment File: You need to submit the draft version of your assignment in session 8. You need to introduce your 10 references and, in few sentences, describe why you have selected that reference and why it is relevant to
Introduction: State the purpose and objectives of the report.
Discussion: Site the references, and the reason you have selected that reference:
- Reference No 1: <Cite it thoroughly> Why it is relevant to the topic
- Reference No 2: <Cite it thoroughly> Why it is relevant to the topic
- Reference No 3: <Cite it thoroughly> Why it is relevant to the topic
- Reference No 10: <Cite it thoroughly> Why it is relevant to the topic
Conclusion: Summarise your findings, consolidating and drawing attention to the main points of the report.
Referencing: reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
Academic References: A the academic papers and references that are used in the assignment need to be cited in the report under the following rules: